Friday, March 22, 2013

The Wild Olive Cucina Italiana is a culinary gem thriving on Maybank Hwy on Johns Island.  I would imagine that you have heard about this restaurant and, like me, always meant to try it.  Now, you must do so.  The pasta is artfully prepared and quite delicious, stuffed with Keegan-Filion chicken (Agnolotti), ricotta (Gnocchi) and butternut squash and spiced pecans (Ravioli).  The pairings of meat and pasta are creative and also quite tasty, as in the chicken parmesan in marinara sauce which is paired with cavatelli alfredo.  Two types of sauce on one plate- a really great idea!
My favorite part of the meal, as I am a chocoholic, was the chocolate pistachio custard, which is more like a creamy, whipped milk chocolate bar, covered with lovely, green pistachio cream and pistachio nuts.  It was served with two thin and crispy biscotti, which I tasted by dipping it in the custard (very good) and brought home to dip in my coffee (better). Our very nice server told us that it is a customer favorite and I can see why.  The Wild Olive...worth a trip to Johns Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment