Monday, February 16, 2015

Travels With Charley 


When I stacked up the eight books that I’ve read since Christmas, I thought, “How on earth will I find the time to tell avid readers what they need to know about each book?”  
“Brevity, my dear, brevity,” was my conclusion.   And so… 

Lady Love to Read’ s Minute Book Reviews

One minute to read, 
Just three adjectives, a dinner conversation with the author and a culinary gift. 
Love, love, love it or the book’s a snooze…..  
Are you in?  
Let’s go! 


Travels with Charley
In Search of America
 John Steinbeck

Sharp, Insightful, Brave

Dinner conversation: 
We would discuss the 50th Anniversary of the civil rights march in Selma and how the current setbacks in our country’s racial climate would make Mr. Steinbeck sad.
Mr. Steinbeck’s dinner contributions: 
A good bottle of scotch and dog biscuits for my bulldog, Winston.

Coming tomorrow, Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.

No comments:

Post a Comment