Monday, June 23, 2014

Whisk, 209 Meeting St., Downtown

On a recent trip to the Shops at Charleston Place 
I took a small detour to Whisk, a lovely little liquid oasis located on an adjacent corner, just north of the Meeting Street entrance.
Whisk serves coffee, espresso, fresh juices, fruit smoothies and some very appealing pastries.  
I took a break from shopping to sit and sip an East Bay Breeze Smoothie.  Made from cranberries, strawberries, pineapple and apple juices, it was light and refeshing.  My shopping partner enjoyed the Tropical Twister, a smooth combination of bananas, pineapple and mango.
The folks behind the counter were helpful and cheerful, something I prize in waitstaff but don't always find.
On my way out, I noticed that their display case was full of delicious looking pastries, but I was on my way to lunch and had to resist the temptation.  
I will definitely return soon to sample one of their cream puffs or croissants, 
or maybe another smoothie, or a fruit and yogurt parfait, or Ginger Zinger juice, or a creme brulee coffee, or.........


No comments:

Post a Comment